Why Play Volleyball with LMYA?
· Affordable eight-week recreation program whose design is recognized and admired by other cities
· Staffed by trainers to help parent-coaches (including NCAA-D1 players and high school students)
· Offers skill-based clinics for players and coaches
· Coach-led weekly practice and 8-9 Saturday matches including a tournament (and depending on demand, All Stars vs local clubs and schools)
· Competition at multiple skill levels (4th - 8th grade in 4 divisions)
· A well-run Evaluation Day, teams divided fairly between skill level within the player’s grade, Coach's Kick-off, 100+ T-shirts and medals awarded as tournament prizes.
- 1 practice per week - practice times can be 5pm but typically are 6pm, 7pm or 8pm. (4th & 5th graders will not have 8pm practices.)
- Coaches select times and gym. Parents can select up to 3 practice conflicts during registration. Please note the conflicts when registering. Once assigned to a team there will be no changes
- Practices are in Lafayette or Moraga. We will not take requests for a particular gym-the coach chooses this.
- 1 game on Saturday per week
- Season runs from March-May
- No requests and no changing teams after assignment in volleyball. Teams are made mostly by school and/or are based on the evaluation results (team balance is a priority)
- Players are provided with a game shirt.
- No jewelry of any kind is permitted during games or practices - This includes pierced ears (taping ears is not allowed as a substitution for removing earrings). We suggest getting ears pierced during the off season of all LMYA sports.
- Practices start week of 3/1
- First games 3/7
- Last games 5/16
- Spring Break 3/28-4/5-no games
It is important that all players attend Evaluation Day (no evaluations for 4th or 5th grade)
When: January 26
Where: Stanley School Gym & Multi-use Rm
7th Grade-All 11:30a-1p - Stanley Gym
8th Grade-All 1:15p-2:45p - Stanley Gym
6th Grade Last names starting w/A-K- 12p-1p - Multi-Use Rm
6th Grade Last names starting w/K-Z- 1:15p-2:15p - Multi-Use Rm
LMYA depends on volunteers to help run a successful season. Please consider one of these options.
- Volunteer to do a job in exchange for a discount off registration.
- Sponsor a team ($150)
Coaches Kick Off Clinic for 2020 Season-click here