Why Play Volleyball with LMYA?
· Affordable eight-week recreation program whose design is recognized and admired by other cities
· Staffed by trainers to help parent-coaches (including NCAA-D1 players and high school students)
· Offers skill-based clinics for players and coaches
· Coach-led weekly practice and 8-9 Saturday matches including a tournament (and depending on demand, All Stars vs local clubs and schools)
· Competition at multiple skill levels (4th - 8th grade in 4 divisions)
· A well-run Evaluation Day, teams divided fairly between skill level within the player’s grade, Coach's Kick-off, 100+ T-shirts and medals awarded as tournament prizes.
- Registration for Spring Indoor Season CLOSES FEB 1ST Register Now!
- 2019 Campolindo Pre-Season Skills Clinic - FEB 3RD CLINIC IS CANCELLED DUE TO MAINTENANCE ON GYM. We'll send out info when/if rescheduled. Thanks for understanding!
- 1 practice per week - practice times can be 5pm but typically are 6pm, 7pm or 8pm. (4th & 5th graders will not have 8pm practices.)
- Coaches select times and gym. Parents can select up to 3 practice conflicts during registration. Please note the conflicts when registering. Once assigned to a team there will be no changes
- Practices are in Lafayette or Moraga. We will not take requests for a particular gym-the coach chooses this.
- 1 game on Saturday per week
- Season runs from March-May
- No requests and no changing teams after assignment in volleyball. Teams are made mostly by school and/or are based on the evaluation results (team balance is a priority)
- Players are provided with a game shirt.
- No jewelry of any kind is permitted during games or practices - This includes pierced ears (taping ears is not allowed as a substitution for removing earrings). We suggest getting ears pierced during the off season of all LMYA sports.
It is important that all players attend Evaluation Day (no evaluations for 4th or 5th grade)
When: February 10
Where: Stanley School Gym & Campolindo Gym
7th Grade-All 11:30a-1p - Stanley Gym
8th Grade-All 1:15p-2:45p - Stanley Gym
6th Grade Last names starting w/A-I- 12p-1p - Campo Gym
6th Grade Last names starting w/J-R- 1:15p-2:15p - Campo Gym
6th Grade Last names starting w/S-Z- 2:30p-3:30p - Campo Gym
LMYA depends on volunteers to help run a successful season. Please consider one of these options.
- Volunteer to do a job in exchange for a discount off registration.
- Sponsor a team ($150)
Coaches Kick Off Clinic for 2019 Season is Sunday, March 3rd at JM in the gym
4th & 5th grade coaches - 12pm-130pm
6th grade coaches - 130pm-3pm
7th/8th grade coaches - 3pm-4pm