Rules of Play & Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Players
- Play the game for the game's sake
- Be generous when you win.
- Be gracious when you lose.
- Be fair always, no matter what the cost.
- Obey the rules of the game.
- Work for the good of your team.
- Accept the decisions of the officials with grace.
- Believe in the honesty of your opponents.
- Conduct yourself with honor and dignity.
- Honestly and wholeheartedly applaud the efforts of your teammates and opponents.
The Lafayette Moraga Youth Association (LMYA) is a volunteer-staffed organization that offers recreational sports activities for the children of our community. The primary goal of the LMYA program is to provide a safe, enjoyable environment in which our children can develop sports skills, as well as experience in a positive manner the emotional social benefits of team play.
The role of parents is critical to the success of the LMYA program. It is, therefore, important that you follow the guidelines set forth below.
- Fulfill your volunteer obligation willingly, knowing that the effort you put forth will directly impact your child's LMYA experience.
- Always keep in mind that LMYA is a recreational sports program with an emphasis on developing skills and having fun. Although competition is a natural part of sports activities, do not make winning the primary goal for you or your child.
- Support your child and his/her team in a positive manner. Cheer for your child and his/her team, not against the opposing player or team.
- Always show respect for all players, coaches, game officials and other fans. Allow for the fact that anyone can make a mistake. Set a positive example for our children with your behavior.
- Follow the regulations set forth by the school district for use of its facilities. All school property is smoke-alcohol-and drug free.
Code of Conduct for Coaches
Code of Conduct for Coaches
As a Coach I Agree To:
- Uphold and Promote the LMYA mission to provide a safe, enjoyable environment in which ALL children can develop sports skills and experience in a positive manner and enjoy the emotional and social benefits of team play.
- Guarantee and enforce EQUAL playing time for ALL players.
- Be a positive role model whenever I am around players and parents and set a good example. I will not yell at, ridicule, or criticize my child or any other player but instead will applaud good plays by my team and by those of the opposing team.
- Ensure that my players’ soccer experience is a positive one. Winning is only one part of that experience.
- Treat opposing coaches, players, spectators and referees with the utmost respect.
- Instruct players in sportsmanship and demand they display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Coach in a positive manner and NEVER use derogatory comments or physical or verbal abuse.
- Be responsible for the conduct of my sideline. I will enlist the support of my team’s parents to instill the proper attitudes and values in the players.
- Always have 2 adults present at all times whether at practice, games or team events.
- Assist the referee in fair enforcement of the rules and the promotion of safe gameplay and support the referee even when I disagree with the call. I will not challenge the referee during the game and will demand the same of my players and sideline.
I Understand That:
- Any complaints that I have violated this code shall be thoroughly investigated and penalties may occur at the discretion of the Soccer Commissioner, whose decision will be final.
- I may be suspended from LMYA activities for violation of this code.
- If suspended from LMYA activities for violation of this code, I will receive a letter from the LMYA Board. After a reasonable period of time, not less than one week, I may apply to the Board to be reinstated as a coach.
- If ejected from a game because of unsportsmanlike conduct coaches will be suspended for the next two events and may be subject to additional penalties.
- Any coach who physically abuses another person will be suspended for the remainder of the season and may be disqualified from any subsequent LMYA participation.