Frequently Asked Questions
- In TBall thru 3rd grade players are selected in a non-draft situation. Teams are formed by school so that players are grouped with their classmates.
- In Softball & Baseball players are assigned by the league and Commissioner, which encourages the participation of interested youth with all levels of ability, and does not expose lesser skilled youths to embarrassment.
A. LMYA provides game equipment (bats, balls, catcher's gear, etc. ) and uniforms for the players. Each child must have his/her own glove. In the younger age groups, in particular, a small flexible glove that fits the players hand is much more useful than a "pro" model. Rubber-cleated turf shoes, either soccer or baseballl shoes are recommended.
A. There is a variety of reasons as to why that happens. The ideal season would be where each team wins 50% of their games. However, that rarely happens. Whenever you have competition and play a game where you keep score, one team is going to win and one is going to lose. Look at professional sports, they have the top players and still some teams always win and some always lose. It's the nature of sports. Try to judge your child season not by whether the teams win or lose, but by the skills they have gained.
A. Because we want to keep the teams at a reasonable size so the players have the optimum playing time, if we don't have enough coaches at the time of the draft, we will draft what we call a "Phantom Team" or a team without a coach. The Phantom team will be assigned a practice time and it will be up to the parents of that team to coach the team for the season.
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST PLACEMENT OUT OF THESE GUIDELINES!
All players in Kindergarten and 1st grade receive participation trophies
SOFTBALL is for girls in grades 1 through 8. Please do not confuse LMYA with Little League. They are two independent programs.
Dissatisfied With A Coach
Q. What if I am dissatisfied with my childs coach?
A. Talk to him/her. Explain your concerns. Chances are other parents have the same concerns. Offer to help coach the team. The more active you become, the more your child's coach will accept your suggestions. Should you be unable to resolve a problem, send the Board a written explanation of your dissatisfaction or email us the complaint.
PO Box 395
Q. Not happy with the team your child is on?
- His/her best friend is on a different team.
- Team will not work for planned carpool.
- Practice conflicts with piano lessons.
- Wanted him/her on team coached by your neighbor.
- He/she is only in kindergarten, but you are sure he/she is ready for the 1st grade program.
A. PLEASE WAIT!
- A great deal of thought and effort goes into team placement. If you made a request and we could honor it, we did. However, there is no way we can accommodate all players' requests.
- In TBall and 1st/2nd grade teams were carefully made based on schools, neighborhoods and experience. Children are grouped by their grade and whether or not they have played before, not by their parents assessment of where they should play. Also, because we try to have the same number of players on each team, it is very difficult to move one child without having to move another one.
- In Softball and Baseball, teams are selected with emphasis on achieving parity. To try and move players after the teams are set would spoil the balance and nullify the team balance.
- Therefore, whatever age group and sport your child is in you MUST accept your child's placement. Arrange new carpools, make new friends, reschedule piano. Help us make this season a success by not tampering with the integrity of the teams.
A. NO! We do not allow anyone to sign up once the first game has been played. Teams who lose players must try to get through the season with fewer players.
A. They will be wait listed, and if a team loses a player before the first game, that coach can ask the League for a replacement.
Q. What is the Refund Policy?
A. Pre-season February 15th
|Conflict with another sport||Full Refund minus $10 processing fee|
|Medical||Full Refund minus $10 processing fee|
|Other||$35 Processing Fee|
During season After February 15
|After February 15||No Refund|
Refund requests must be submitted in writing. See Refund Request Form.