2019 Key Facts
Registration Age Use your child’s school grade in the Fall of 2019 for registration (Kindergartners must be attending Kindergarten in the Fall of 2019 to be eligible to play.) For Summer Academy, players must be 10-12 yrs old on July 12th, 2019 (the first day of practice.)
Kindergarten-2nd Graders are grouped with their schools automatically. If you have a special request (no guarantees) it can be noted during registration.
3rd - 8th Graders will be placed on teams by LMYA staff (no teammate requests please)
- Family Discount: There is a discount for 3 or more children registered for soccer.
- Coaches will receive a $50 discount at registration.
- Volunteers* will receive a $30 discount (job must be properly completed during season.)
LMYA depends on volunteers to help run a successful season. Please consider one of these options.
- Volunteer to do a job in exchange for a discount off registration.
- Sponsor a team ($150)***See sponsorship page for new information.
Important Things To Know...
- Coaches will call all players starting August 19th. You will not be contacted until after this date.
- No jewelry of any kind is permitted during games or practices, including pierced ears (taping ears is NOT ALLOWED.) We suggest getting ears pierced during the off season of your players LMYA Sport.
- Guaranteed playing time of 1/2 of every game.
- All games for kindergarten thru 8th grade are on Saturdays. Most age groups have 1 practice during the week (the day is selected by the coach). Kindergarten plays and practices on Saturday only. 1st -3rd grade will have 1 1hour practice per week. 4th grade and higher will have a 1 1/2 hr practice per week.
- Teams will have Trainers from Transatlantic soccer at practices for the first few weeks of the season.
- Kindergarten *
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade-Lafayette & Moraga combined
- 5th and 6th grade-Lafayette & Moraga combined
- 7th and 8th grade-Lafayette & Moraga combined
- High School COED
* The Kindergarten program is typically a coed program-this year in Lafayette we may separate girls & boys if we have the numbers. It is for children entering regular kindergarten.This is a very structured program designed for the limited attention span of 5 and 6-year-old children. The teams meet once a week on Saturday. The first half-hour is a lesson about some aspect of soccer such as dribbling or striking the ball. The second half-hour is spent in a scrimmage.
High School Programs
LMYA is offering a program that includes both boys and girls of high school age, regardless of grade and combines them into teams by school. Registration will be online.
Pre-season Before August 5th
|Conflict with another sport||Full Refund -Minus a $10 non-refundable processing fee|
|Medical||Full Refund -Minus a $10 non-refundable processing fee|
|Other||$35 Processing Fee|
During season (after teams are formed AUGUST 5TH)
|After teams are formed||No Refund|
Refund requests must be submitted in writing. See Refund Request Form below.
Refund Request Form